Learn about the History of Israel
Create a Timeline
By the end of the lesson, the children will have created a timeline showing the history of Israel
Israeli Embassy Timeline
Timeline Big Pictures
Timeline Cut-Out Pictures
- Brainstorm about Israel – children to recap and add anything they know about Israel.
- Introduce the Lesson – Explain that we will now talk about the History of the State of Israel and how it became the modern home land for the Jewish people.
- Timeline – Show children the time line pages and work through the dates 1897 (Theodore Herzl) to 1979 (Israel-Egypt peace treaty). After each of the 8 events talk in appropriate detail about the person or event that occurred. Stick a picture of the relevant event underneath the board to begin to create a timeline.
- Recap each of the events – work through picture timeline, adding dates and relevant information. Go back to website if necessary, so that children understand the 8 events that occurred leading up to, and after, the creation of the State of Israel in 1948.
- Create timeline of events – Children to use pictures , dates and descriptions to order the 8 events into a timeline of the creation of the State of Israel. (Enlarge the A4 timeline and pictures into A3)