Learn about the location of the cities of Israel
By the end of the lesson, the children will have labelled the cities of Israel on the map
Map of Israel
Blank Map of Israel
- Brainstorm about Israel – children to recap and add anything they know about Israel and the main cities and sites.
- Introduce the Lesson – Explain that today we will take another journey to these cities and places within Israel: TEL AVIV, HAIFA, MASADA, THE DEAD SEA and EILAT to see where they are on the map of Israel.
- Read through the fact file– show children the key information for each place to remind children of the places they visited last week.
- Show Map of Israel with the major places and cities labelled. Ask children to find the different places discussed in our lessons.
- Label and decorate Blank Map of Israel – children to locate the places on their blank map and label. Draw a picture and write a sentence or two next to each label to describe the place as best as possible. (You may wish to enlarge the map to A3).
- Children to stamp their passports – Be as decorative as you like to show the lesson completed