Learn about the Important Sites of Israel
By the end of the lesson, the children will have learnt about important sites in Israel and written a postcard from one particular site or produced a holiday brochure
- Brainstorm about Israel – children to recap and add anything they know about Israel and Jerusalem.
- Introduce the Lesson – Explain that we will take a journey to a number of different cities and places within Israel: TEL AVIV, HAIFA, MASADA, THE DEAD SEA and EILAT.
- Option 1: Write and Decorate a Postcard – Children to choose a place that they will pretend they are staying in. Imagine what it would be like to visit. Write a postcard to a family member or a friend from the location they are in. On the other side, draw the location that they are in, using the key facts pictures and their imagination. (You may wish to hang the postcards on a string across the classroom as a display).
- Option 2: Holiday Brochure – Children to create a holiday brochure for one or more of the cities in Israel. If very adventurous, children could do a holiday brochure for the whole of Israel.
- Sing Hevenu Shalom Aleichem – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3XuaIhbl7Q Karaoke version or from songbook. Alternatively, sing Hiney Mah Tov Uma Naim from the songbook.
- Children to stamp their passports – Be as decorative as you like to show the lesson completed