Learn about the location of the cities of Israel
By the end of the lesson, the children will have labelled the cities of Israel on the map
- Brainstorm about Israel – children to recap and add anything they know about Israel and the main cities and sites.
- Introduce the Lesson – Explain that today we will take another journey to these cities and places within Israel: TEL AVIV, HAIFA, MASADA, THE DEAD SEA and EILAT to see where they are on the map of Israel.
- Read through the fact file– show children the key information for each place to remind children of the places they visited last week.
- Show Map of Israel with the major places and cities labelled. Ask children to find the different places discussed in our lessons.
- Label and decorate Blank Map of Israel – children to locate the places on their blank map and label. Draw a picture and write a sentence or two next to each label to describe the place as best as possible. (You may wish to enlarge the map to A3).
- Sing Hevenu Shalom Aleichem – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3XuaIhbl7Q Karaoke version or from songbook. Alternatively, sing Hiney Mah Tov Uma Naim from the songbook.
- Children to stamp their passports – Be as decorative as you like to show the lesson completed